Nestled in an industrial city of Surabaya, we are a team of software developers doing what we love - writing great useful apps. Our core competencies mainly are in web and Android developments using various Open Source technologies. Inspired by Bill Hewlett and David Packard's The Rules Of The Garage - we try to emulate the environment and make it our working style and ethics. So, we name our company Garasilabs. The name is rooted in an Indonesian word "Garasi" which means "Garage". And the "Labs" part - that simply means we love to experiment and try various technologies to give the best solutions for our customers.
The Rules Of The Garage perhaps unconcsiouly define the great work ethics and mindsets of many great innovative tech companies, which surprisingly (or unsurprisingly) started out in a garage. Here are the rules:
- Believe you can change the world.
- Work quickly, keep the tools unlocked, work whenever.
- Know when to work alone and when to work together.
- Share tools, ideas. Trust your colleagues.
- No Politics. No bureaucracy. (These are ridiculous in a garage.)
- The customer defines a job well done.
- Radical ideas are not bad ideas.
- Invent different ways of working.
- Make a contribution every day; if it doesn’t contribute, it doesn’t leave the garage.
- Believe that together we can do anything.